What will happen to our subscription folders?

(Caetano Veyssières) #1

the title says it all

(Bart Veldhuizen) #2

I believe these are not included in the migration.

(Caetano Veyssières) #3

(Christopher Archer) #4

Talking about the migration, do we know when that going to happen ?

(Caetano Veyssières) #5

The latest update on Kickstarter suggests that it’s going to happen soon :

(Bart Veldhuizen) #6

We’re actually in the middle of the migration process now - it has been running for over a week! At this moment we’re migrating PM’s and attachments. The current estimate is that we’ll be ready early next week - fingers crossed!

I’m in the process of setting up the production server, selecting email services and designing a backup strategy. Lots of work to be done :slight_smile:

(Caetano Veyssières) #7

We wish you the best of luck for this last sprint. If the 2.8 code quest is building a rocket, blenderartists 2.0 will put people inside of it to explore together the Cosmic Galaxy of Imagery (CGI)

(Bart Veldhuizen) #8

Haha, thanks! The entire project has definitely been a lot more complex than anticipated :slight_smile:

(Caetano Veyssières) #9

what about just subscribed theads ?

(Bart Veldhuizen) #10

I’ll ask, but I don’t think it’s part of the import process.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #11

Confirmed, thread subscriptions will not be migrated. We’ll provide a guide on how to re-subscribe threads (basically, we’ll keep the current site online a bit longer in read-only mode so you can access your subscriptions and copy the important ones over).

(Bart Veldhuizen) #12

In addition, there’s a quick way to see which topics you have replied to in your profile under ‘replies’. Try this link to see mine.

(Caetano Veyssières) #13

Thanks, I will need to copy my subscriptions

(Caetano Veyssières) #14

Is there anything resembling subscription folders in Discourse ?

Can we even see a list of the threads we’re “watching” ?
Screenshot%20from%202018-04-09%2013-47-42

Maybe it’s not really needed since we have bookmarks, but I will really miss folders if there’s no such thing here. I make extensive use of it in VBulletin :
Screenshot%20from%202018-04-09%2013-52-46

(Bart Veldhuizen) #15

Yes, in Preferences > Categories > Show watched topics:

https://forum-test.blendernation.com/latest?state=watching

There’s no concept of folders though.

(Caetano Veyssières) #16

Very strange that you have to go in the preferences for that, but at least it’s there.
As for the folders, well that sucks a bunch.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #17

Yeah I agree, the place is a bit weird.

(Caetano Veyssières) #18

I made a request to add watched topics in some easier-to-find places as well as a feature request to add bookmark folders