Possibility of post reactions

wont-fix

I think the like :heart: functionality currently is a bit ambiguous. I’d love to see an identifiable way to respond to posts with a thumbs-up to show you understood, or a downvote if a user’s response is inappropriate. This Facebook-like function could be expanded any way the people like of course.

(Jason van Gumster (Fweeb)) #2

I don’t personally think it’s necessary (and don’t really like that feature on FB). I’d prefer if people use words as their primary means of interacting here. As for inappropriate content, Discourse already allows people to flag content that they think is inappropriate or needs review from the moderation team (like the Report Post feature we currently have). So that, at least, is covered.

I agree with jason here. I think that’s the only thing I hate about FB is with that feature, people actually interact even less. It feels… empty. No need to say, I vote for keeping it simple, less clicking and more words. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think having a bunch of posts with “Got it.”, “Will do.” or “Hahaha.” (which isn’t even allowed currently due to minimum character limit) will be more of a clutter for readers of the topic. In your eyes, what’s the point of the current like feature then?

(Bart Veldhuizen) #5

The current design is intentionally kept this simple, and I believe the Discourse people have very strong feelings against downvoting. Also, this is not a trivial thing to fix, so I’m labeling this as #wont-fix