Exploring the Forum

test
featured

(Robert J. Tiess) #1

Just pondering and exploring the new forum test site =)

Looking good!

RobertT

(Robert J. Tiess) #2

Copy and pasting above works nicely!

Now testing native image tags / linking…

(Bart Veldhuizen) #3

All working correctly, it seems?

(Robert J. Tiess) #4

Yes, and nicely so!

Thanks so much!

(Bastian Salmela) #5

oh my! it’s you, from millions of years ago! whats up?

.b

(Robert J. Tiess) #6

Hi, basse =)

Hope you’re still blending these days.

I’ve finally worked Cycles into my repertoire after being an Blender Internal-only person.

BI still has its many great uses and unmatched speed, especially for non-photorealistic renders.

Well, I’m looking forward to a bright future for BlenderArtists’ new home, and I’m hopeful some other original Blenderheads resurface in the new forum as well!

(Bart Veldhuizen) #7

Adding it to the featured bar :slight_smile:

(James) #8

Hey @bart made it here finally! Nice looking site, just a couple of quick questions,

1. If you make the 4500 mark, will all the categories and threads really get migrated, seems like a huge job! Props to you to make that work. This is entirely self interested of course, which way to the addons section again? :smiley:

2. I forgot what 2 was… oh, wait… no, gone again, darn. Aha! Will the forum work with the discord app? I have discord on a device and use the app with the other blender forum. Would be ace to be able to access it all from there. Is that possible?

Hope the donations help you over the line :smiley:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #9

Sorry, but what do you mean?

I don’t know, maybe you can find out by googling a bit? What would such an integration bring you?

(James) #10

This is entirely self interested of course, which way to the addons section again?

Sorry, but what do you mean?
Ha! Sorry, I can be a bit cryptic! I’m writing an addon, just wanted to know if there will be a category where addons will be discussed thats all :smiley:

Will the forum work with the discord app? I have discord on a device and use the app with the other blender forum. Would be ace to be able to access it all from there. Is that possible?

I don’t know, maybe you can find out by googling a bit? What would such an integration bring you?

I will try googling. Its just handy to have integration with the discord app so that I can talk with friends on the discord system, hop between servers and have this all in one app. I don’t use discord outside of the app at all. Similar to slack. I never use the website, just the app.

Hope this helps? I hope I didn’t bring more confusion :smiley:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #11

Sorry, I still don’t get it. You want to be able to post forum messages from within the Discord app?

(James) #12

Oh no! Not to worry, maybe its me that doesn’t get it! Lol! I think I made the assumption that when you have been talking about discord, that the app and the solution that BA is migrating too are compatible and part of the same platform. I recognise I might be mistaken here though.

Being able to see the BA forum in the discord app would be cool, but if its not something that is automatically going to happen, I wouldn’t worry about it. It sounds to me like you’re hosting a discord server yourself anyway. This might be an important distinction I haven’t factored in.

Anyway, I’ll be here online in the forum anyways from now on, so I think you can safely forget about discord “the app” for now :smiley:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #13

Wait, we’re migrating to Discourse, not Discord :slight_smile: One is a forum, and the other is an online chat/collaboration tool!

(James) #14

There it is! I knew I was missing something! Lol! Ah well. Thanks for clearing that up!
XD

(Robert J. Tiess) #15

Thanks, bart!

I wish you all the best with the new forum.

And thank you for all you have done, are doing, and will do for our Blender community!